Dental Implants are small screw-like fixtures that are surgically inserted into the jaw bone to form an artificial tooth root which anchors in place a new tooth crown.
As Good as Natural Teeth
Dental implants are an innovative and modern solution for replacing missing teeth which improves your smile and bite, as well as confidence. Implants are firmly fixed and integrated into the jaw bone and gum giving a natural look and these feel and function like your natural teeth. Dental Implants are proven to be much more durable and long-lasting than any other restorative dental treatment available today.
The benefits of having a Dental Implants include:
- Comfort: because implants feel and perform like natural teeth they are comfortable to wear.
- Speech: dental implants do not budge in your mouth, so you can talk with confidence they don’t make your teeth slip.
- Eating and Chewing: because implants are fused with your jaw bones, they do not move which means you can eat and chew like with your natural teeth.
- Oral health: Dental implants do not require any modification to your nearby teeth which means your other teeth will not be damaged by the implants.
- Bone atrophy: Dental implants may eliminate bone atrophy.
Dental Implants – The procedure
Dental Implant treatment normally involves few stages before you get your Dental Implants. Because the procedure is tailored to your situation you need an initial consultation with the Dentist or Implantologist. During the appointment, the dentist will assess the viability of providing dental implant treatment and will explain the whole procedure, X-rays will be taken, and models of the teeth prepared. A written treatment plan will be then formulated with a detailed sequence of treatment and associated costs.
Your full jaw bone x-rays will be taken through advanced Cone Beam CT Scan (CBCT Scan) available at our practice. You will then be given follow up appointment(s) to get the actual dental implant.
The longevity of crowns depend largely on how well you look after your teeth. Dental crowns require the same level of care and attention as your natural teeth. Provided you have a good oral hygiene program, attend regular dental check-ups, don’t grind your teeth and maintain a tooth-kind diet, a high-quality dental crown and dental implant can last at least 10 years.
We have a specialist team providing All on 4 Dental Implants and single Dental Implants. For a free consultation to discuss your requirements, please contact our practice on 0208 49200 20.
For more answers to questions please have a look at our blog on Dental Implants here.
We also offer 0% finance and affordable treatment plans to meet your requirements.